The fear of social evaluation. ...and the irony is, I wanted to be a psychologist during the whole of my high school career.
I've been ordered to seek psychiatric help because my family has gone absolutely crazy without any signs of resolution. I can safely say that all families are hopelessly crazy. If you insist that yours in an exception, then I am astounded that the Lollipop Guild has been able to coexist with humans. Where can I purchase a pair of those striped tights?
I was under the grand assumption that I had no tangible fears (in the sense that I could never specify anything). I love heights, water, small spaces, lightening, and Chinese people. To my astonishment, I'm able to clearly identify a rather problematic phobia: I am deathly afraid of psychologists.
No. Really. I don't want to see one, and I hope It doesn't come after me.
Perhaps I am very similar to my father; who has acrophobia but works with scaffolding. I've been a counselor for so many of my friends, that I would never dream of confiding in anyone. I've never been in a situation where I wasn't the deemed analyst.
I don't want to see a psychologist. I have nothing to say to the woman. I will inquire about her health, and eat breath mints...but I will not trust her with my feelings.
No comments:
Post a Comment